Training Management made easy!
Automated Procedure Confirmation
The user can be scheduled to receive the competency through a variety of different means;
If the competency is a “Procedure & Document” type of competency the user can the select the document from the list provided. The system will automatically record the date and time the user opened the document. Once the document has been read the user may click the “mark as understood” button to confirm that they have read and understand the document. The system will then automatically assign this competency to the user.
- The Training Management Portal (when linked with the document management module) will only display and open the current version of the selected document. This represents the “Delivery Phase” of a training process.
- A user is not allowed to click the “mark as Understood” button until the document has first been opened and the system automatically records the date the document was read (opened) and also the date and time the document was “marked as understood”. This represents the “Verification Phase” of the training process.
- The user must enter their username and password to complete the “marked as understood” process. This is the equivalent of an electronic signature.
- Adding a user to a training course instance represents the “Scheduling Phase” of a training plan. The specific course instance may be schedule for some future date.
- Attendance at a training course represent the “Delivery Phase” of a training plan
- Assessment and clicking the “complete assessment” process represents the “Verification phase” of a training plan.
- During all of these phases the system is automatically time stamping the process and keeping a permanent record of the complete training and delivery process.
- Relevant user must enter their user name and password at the appropriate points and this is the equivalent of an electronic signature.
- Reports are available within the system to provide Department training schedules and summaries if required. Also course attendance sheets can be printed out and manually signed if required. These can be subsequently scanned in an attached to the specific course instance.
Manually Assign Competency
- Adding a user competency manually is the least desirable method as the complete training process of Delivery and Verification is not automatically recorded within the system itself.
- Typical scenarios for applying this method is when a person has external qualification or competencies that require recording. For example; If a person had completed a degree in Engineering before coming to the company this competency would be record manually and the “Delivery Phase” would be the dates attended at the relevant University and the “Verification phase” would be some proof of the results or grades achieved.